Friday, January 11, 2008

Colbert and Stewart Return!

Okay, so maybe their performance isn't worth too much excitement. My dad made fun of me for being excited about their return, in fact, telling me I ought to be able to make fun of politicians on their own. Personally, though, I enjoy their commentary on a nightly basis.

Colbert is selling the portrait from his studio mantle, and he said on the show that last year's portrait sold on eBay for $50,000. The proceeds went to Save the Children. I wondered to myself: do you think the fact that the money goes to charity has any effect on memorabilia prices?

No comments:

Compared with the totality of knowledge which is continually utilized in the evolution of a dynamic civilization, the difference between the knowledge that the wisest and that which the most ignorant individual can deliberately employ is comparatively insignificant. ~Fredrich Hayek in The Constitution of Liberty