Friday, January 18, 2008

Bobby Fischer is Dead

I'm not sure why it matters, but I find myself feeling disappointed. I can't understand how someone who is so brilliant (this story says his IQ was higher than Einstein's) can waste their time promoting racism and hatred.

Also, I am a regular reader of Marginal Revolution. I love their Markets in Everything series, which shows up every few weeks with a random news story. Here is a link of every one they've done - I definitely recommend perusing the couple hundred entries up so far.

No comments:

Compared with the totality of knowledge which is continually utilized in the evolution of a dynamic civilization, the difference between the knowledge that the wisest and that which the most ignorant individual can deliberately employ is comparatively insignificant. ~Fredrich Hayek in The Constitution of Liberty